WELCOME TO OUR COLLEGE
Prior to the formation of Ranga Reddy district, Vikarabad was in Hyderabad district. The numerous educational institutions clustered in
Hyderabad city catered to the needs of the city dwellers leaving no scope for the unfortunate poor residing in the interior of the district.
Dr. M. Channa Reddy, former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh and former Governor of Tamil Nadu, realized the necessity of starting a college in
Vikarabad and providing adequate Educational and Medical facilities to this backward rural area. In order to achieve the twin purposes, he had
organized the local elite, farmers, traders and leaders into "VIKAS MANDALI", a voluntary organization in the year 1965 and very soon the dream
of the rural population of this area came true with the establishment of a college at Vikarabad. Very fittingly, the college so founded in 1968,
was named after Lord Anantha Padmanabha Swamy, as the institution 'Sree Anantha Padmanabha Arts, Science & Commerce College' came to be located
right at the foot of the Ananthagiri Hills. Its location in a campus of 43 acres (174015 Sq. meters) is an ideal one. It has provided
an opportunity for those residing in the nearby villages to pursue higher education without much hardship. It has been imparting higher
education with affordable fee structure to the students of economically backward areas of Rural Vikarabad district and parts of adjoining
Medak and Mahaboobnagar Districts.
The college was inaugurated by Sri K. Brahmananda Reddy, then Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh on 31st July, 1968. Sri Shravan Kumar IAS, then
Collector of Hyderabad district and Sri. M. Bhoji Reddy, Chairman, Zilla Parishad, Hyderabad district under whose Chairmanship, the College made
the initial strides of progress in the right direction with Sri. Srinivasan,Sri. M.Veera Mallappa, Senior political leader and businessman and
Sri A. Lal Reddy, Senior advocate as Secretaries. When the college was started, there was no building for the college and the classes were
held at Zilla Parishad High School, Vikarabad in limited rooms. The Management then raised funds through dance performances in 1968 by Ms
Yamini Krishnamurthy, famous Bharathanatyam exponent and by Ms Chandrakala, cine actress in 1973, apart from getting funds from Telangana
Regional Committee. This was in addition to the funds raised by the “VIKAS MANDALI”. With all this, the construction of College building
was taken up in different stages. After the completion of ground floor in 1970, the college was shifted in December, 1970. Subsequently
the building was extended in1978. The Office block was completed and inaugurated in 1987 by Dr. Marri Channa Reddy.
In the year 1988 Sri Marri Ravindra Reddy took over as the Chairman of the Managing of the College. Since then elaborate planning and execution
was taken up for all round developmental activities. To commemorate the Silver Jubilee Year of College i.e. 1993-1994, the foundations for the
construction of Administration Building, Gymnasium, Additional Class Rooms, Canteen were laid down. Dr. M.Channa Reddy, the then Governor of
Tamilnadu and President of Vikas Mandalai, Sri.K.Vijayabhasker Reddy, then Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, several Cabinet Ministers and Vice
Chancellor and other dignitaries of Osmania University participated in the Silver Jubilee celebrations and inaugurated the projects. By the
completion of the construction of all the buildings, the plinth area has increased from 29,000 SFT to 74,400 SFT. To mark the Silver Jubilee
year of the College the PG courses in Commerce and Mathematics were started during the year 1993-1994 fulfilling the long cherished desire of
the people of this area. Meanwhile a separate was constructed for PG courses with a plinth area of 6636 SFT.
After demise of Dr. Marri Channa Reddy in the year 1996, Sri Marri Ravindra Reddy was elected as President of Vikas Mandali and continues
to hold the position. On our sponsorship, Osmania University has established its PG Center in our premises with MBA Course. In the land
allotted by us, the Osmania University had constructed permanent PG Building. The Management Committee of the College is striving to achieve
the main objective i.e. providing higher education to students of this economically backward area of Ranga Reddy District.
UNIVERSITY GRANTS COMMISSION
The University Grants Commission recognized the college and enlisted under sections 2(f) and 12(B) of the UGC Act, 1956 for the financial
assistance to develop UG education. The College received substantial grants from the UGC for the construction of Gymnasium complex,
Additional Class Rooms and Library. The UGC approved and sanctioned the schemes of Remedial Coaching classes for SC/ST and Minority students,
which are being effectively implemented in the college for the improvement of their academic standards. The Career Oriented Add on Programmes:
English Language and Communication Skills, Retail Management and Refrigeration are started with the financial assistance from the UGC.
Recently the UGC also sanctioned three Add-on Certificate Courses in Tourism, Web designing & Printing and Animation. The college is
regularly receiving the grants under Developmental assistance to Colleges. The UGC also sanctioned grants for purchase of permanent sports
equipment and flood lighting to Volley Ball and Basket Ball Courts
OBJECTIVES OF THE INSTITUTION
1. To impart Higher Education to the students of this backward rural area of Vikarabad Dist.
2. To bring about amelioration of the people of this backward area in Social and Educational aspects.
3. To provide all the facilities to the students for their overall development physical, moral and intellectual,
and involving them in Nation Building activities like NCC, NSS etc.
1. Every student should carry his/her Identity/Campus Card daily.
2. When a student joins the college, it is assumed that the he/she accepts an obligation to abide by the rules in force.
3. Students should refrain from loitering in the corridors or standing in the verandahs during working hours. The leisure periods may be utilized in the Library or Reading Room.
4. A student is expected to behave decently with all members of the teaching staff, office staff and all supporting staff.
5. The student who absent the college for more than fifteen days continuously without leave will be removed from the rolls without any intimation.
The college endeavours to promote higher education and provides quality and value based academic instruction for a worthy tomorrow.
It promotes institutions of higher education and offers useful and relevant study programmes and also creates the perfect academic environment.
1) To be a premier Institution that offers best quality teaching and imparting Higher Education to the students of this backward rural area of
2) To produce students who excel and become leaders in their chosen profession, contributing to community, the nation and the world.
3) Providing outstanding educational infrastructure to achieve excellent academics.
"Developing entrepreneurship qualities in students to become potential opportunity providers to the society."
To help undergraduate and postgraduate students understand and develop the necessary skills to equip them for whatever career p Prepare
the students to face the challenges and to achieve success.ath they choose.
The objective of the programs are to provide students an excellent academic experience
To prepare individuals of the highest moral fiber.
To create knowledge based society.
To empower Women and create entrepreneurship qualities among them.
Upliftment of downtrodden sections of the society.
Raise the performance level of the students by adopting innovative methods of teaching and learning.
We aspire to continuously improve our performance through systematic monitoring and upgradation of all aspects of Teaching-Learning Process.
"Striving towards perfection"
OBJECTIVES OF THE INSTITUTE
1. Employers, faculty To ensure excellence in teaching, research and service to meet the needs of all our stake holders such as students,
parents,, staff, community, and the citizens of India.
2. To equip students with sound technical knowledge and skill.
3. To offer educational programs with a plethora of innovative concepts, for creating a host of talented professionals.
4. To encourage an open student-oriented culture with an understanding of students, their needs, goals and aspirations.
5. To develop exceptional opportunities for study and research and a system of industry-institution interaction, through industry-liaison
cells, for students to contribute to our Nation's economic growth.
6. To evolve a friendly face of education with emphasis laid on engineering, technology & research.
7. To develop Leadership characterized by openness, fairness and firmness.
8. To foster respect for all people and appreciation of diversity in our academic enterprise.
9. To promote civic responsibility expressed as public involvement, individual responsibility, personal integrity and commitment to service.
10. To ensure accountability and proper assessment at all levels in the institute.
• Values : are inspired by the saying "Vidwan Sarvathra Poojyathe" (A Knowledgeable person is worshipped everywhere)
• Ambience : Provide the ambience to nurture the spirit of research for students & staff.
• Care : Extend care, concern and equal opportunity to students & employees.
• Collaborate : Collaborate within the college, with Industry and world.
• Respect : Treat one and another with dignity and respect.
• Excellence : Facilitate excellent teaching-learning process.
• Discover : Discover the integration of experience with academic knowledge.
• Inquiry : Inquire and learn through problem solving and critical thinking.
• Transparency : Transparent in actions through honest, ethical and responsible behaviour.